Interreg Europe will launch their second call for project proposals next month. The call will open on 15 March and close at noon on 9 June 2023. Apply for the call | Interreg Europe – Sharing solutions for better policy
The programme, which is open to public institutions and private non-profit organisations in the 27 EU Member States plus Norway and Switzerland, aims to “…create an environment and opportunities for sharing solutions and policy learning”
It wants to ensure regional authorities across Europe cooperate on a wide range of topics – which must ‘fit’ one of the five thematic EU priorities or the non-thematic issue of better governance. Projects will need to spread good practices and make direct links between policymakers at a regional level.
The Interreg Europe priorities are;
- Smart(er Europe). Improving; research & innovation capacities, digitisation, SME competitiveness, S3, industry and entrepreneurship, and digital connectivity.
- Green(er Europe). Energy efficiency, renewable energy, smart energy systems, climate change, water management, circular economy, nature & biodiversity, zero-carbon, and urban mobility
- (More Connected) Europe. Sustainable TEN-T, sustainable mobility
- (More Social) Europe. Education, social inclusion, integration of third-country nationals, health care, culture and sustainable tourism
- (Europe closer to) Citizens Integrated urban development, integrated non-urban development
- Better Regional Policy Governance
Opportunities to collaborate on inland waterway related topics abound – particularly from priories 2 to 5 – so this programme is well worth a look! Funding rates range from 70% to 80% so the financial impact for organisations are small in relation to the huge value they get from transnational co-operation.
Find out more about Interreg Europe https://www.interregeurope.eu/what-is-interreg-europe
“culture and sustainable tourism”